Thursday, October 18, 2012

School

Honestly I've barely taken any pictures of our school days. I think I've been trying too hard to "get it all done" that I've not yet really relaxed in the school area. After over a month now, here are a few thoughts and strategies I'll incorporate after a few failing experiences... 1. play more 2. teach by playing 3. my relationship with my girls is far more important than their level of academic success 4. being a former teacher may be very helpful and very hard in terms of expectations 5. i need to pray more. lots more. for my patience and their desire to learn 6. they really are learning, praise the Lord I can see progress. deep sigh of relief! 7. I have all but done away with most of my curriculum except for Grapevine Bible Studies which I absolutely LOVE!!! The girls are learning in depth stories of the bible and stick figuring their lessons. They have also memorized 10 bible verses in the past 5 weeks which I am so proud of them for. 8. I have the sweetest boys ever, who are playing so well together and then when they are ready will come down and do their "tot trays". talk about "UN structured"!! 9. Despite some hard times I truly truly LOVE the time I am getting with my girls. I LOVE reading together on the couch...by FAR my favorite time with them all. 10. no school situation is perfect. Home, Public, Private. There is no perfect, but I am glad that for this family, for this year, I know we are doing what we think is best. Enjoying more time as a family:)!



1 comment:

  1. LOVE these precious kids!! Shelly, I am so proud of you for sticking this out and I believe in you!! :) You are an incredible mommy and your kids are so blessed to have you as a teacher now too!! :)

    ReplyDelete