They were excited about it, mostly because Phillip and I talked it up and tried to help them understand what they were going to be doing. In their minds they really thought it was only going to be 1 day. After the 2nd day, when we were talking about going back a 3rd day, Avery said, "we are going back again?!". And THAT is why I cried like a baby after they went in that first day. It's not just a few days, its a commitment to an entire YEAR of preschool. Lots and lots and lots of days away from me. I ran errands with the boys and we had a great time. You know I also got a grande Starbucks:) When I picked them up they were so happy, had a great day, and 3 days in are still loving it. Praise the Lord. We do have a very sweet school at our church and I'm grateful...and still a little sad. Why is it so hard for a mama to let go of her children? Because God created us with a Mama's heart! We are to love and nurture and pour our life into them, and it feels so odd to just send them off at such a young age. We will not be homeschooling for long, but the year/s I do get will be rich and sweet. Years of preparation to again send them off, little missionaries in their schools. It's a process, full of love. My mom texted me that morning and said "I love you so much, maybe now you are beginning to know". And I think I am, through tears and smiles, driving slowly away and being the first in the pick up line. I love you sweet children more than you will ever know.
The first 3 days in pictures:

this picture describes them perfectly

backpacks:) these were Christmas presents from Nana and Pops:)





3rd morning breakfast

love them!

first day of school, they were awake at 6am waiting on the stairs

1st day dancing on daddy's feet in the kitchen




the girls were taking pictures of me while we were waiting to drop them off

my friend Kim was able to be the one who helped them get out of the car the 1st day, a blessing for them and for me:)


Champ and Canon in the car running errands with mom:)

Best friends, twins, precious girls, my "babies" all grown up! Love you!!!
This post made me cry!!! It was just yesterday that they were born! Now they look so grown up. They are precious Shell! I love them and I love you!
ReplyDeleteYes, Shelly this was a very precious post! My heart is breaking for you reading it! Your love for your kids and selflessness is awesome!!! I also can't believe how grown up they are all looking! Being away I can really see them changing..ahhhh! Miss you all!!! Lots of love!
ReplyDeleteGeeeezzz they are all growing up so fast. The girls look so proud and happy! Proud of you Shelly!!! You have no idea what a blessing it is to hear your heart crying out b/c you want them all at home with you--so many moms and dads can't wait to get them out of the house. How incredibly loved those sweet girls must feel. Loveeee you!!! Miss you all.
ReplyDelete