Friday, May 25, 2012

Twins PreK Graduation

First of all, I can honestly say I would have been bawling my eyes out this night if they were about to go off to full day Kindergarten next year. But since I am homeschooling it was a JOY to see them get to experience a night of celebration and their first experience at performing. We wanted to make the night special so we bought them new shoes and took them to dinner. We gave them each a new bible (this will be used for homeschool next year..you know I am a VERY practical giver...) and they loved it. We told them a million times how proud of them we were for completing preschool and encouraged them to dance their heart out at the "circus" performance before the graduation ceremony. I think I was more nervous than they were once we got there. I hadn't gotten the memo to bring a dress for the graduation part so Phillip had to run home and a neighbor met him with the dresses so he wouldn't be late. The circus was SO cute. All student led, and really great ideas and performers. The girls were near the end and they did a 1 min dance to Kari Jobe's "We Are" song. They were the "Twin Ribbon Twirling Ballerinas"and at home would run, dance and spin. But on stage they literally stood there and twirled their batons...sweet things were just too scared in front of the big audience. All the people were SO sweet with each performer they would "ohh, ahh!" at the littlest thing just to make the kids feel special. I was very proud of them for at least attempting it and getting out there. They were proud of themselves as well. Their teacher later told me she had to bribe them with cookies and snow cones after the show if they would just go out on stage:) Afterwards they had treats and balloons for the kids. It was amazing how well they decorated and made this such a big deal. We took lots of family and grandparent pictures as well...I'll save those for the next post. All in all, it was incredibly sweet. I was very proud of my beautiful little girlie girls. Sweetest part was when they were holding hands on stage. I am so proud of you Atley and Avery, my two miracle babies and blessings from above!!! *after 5 years I still cannot figure blogger out and all the pictures are not in order:)

No comments:

Post a Comment