The other day I was doing normal things around my house and thinking...I wonder what other mom friends do for this system, or that system. Organizing a house of little ones is something I love to do, and also something I'm not a perfectionist about. Which is why my systems are constantly changing and evolving as they begin to not work anymore. While I had my camera out for what will be my next post..., I decided to quickly take some pics of the systems that work well for us at my house. I would LOVE to see some of your systems as well so if you do happen to blog about them, please leave a comment here so I can check them out! I love new ideas and changing things up. ps. we are starting homeschool next week so some of our pictures are pertaining to school systems.
organizing love, Shelly
Champ's Tot School trays
Mommy's stuff, ie things I don't want them getting into on their own
Tot School stuff, plus a list of all activities for easy access
the girls workbox system for Kinder
our calendar
my "daily" vitamin go to's. i've found if i keep them in the cabinet with all the other supplement stuff I forget about them.
this usually goes on our kitchen table (which is under some construction right now) but is for our daily "eating the REAL bread, the bread of LIFE", Ann Voskamp inspired:)
magnetic paint:) for a word wall
for a bottom freezer, i now keep a bowl of frozen fruit so when I open and close the freezer all day its not leaving tiny bits of ice sluffed off and onto the wood floors. its the little thing you know:)
we are always needing to do better at our chore system.
i've posted about this in the past but this is our very unedited Kids Closet in our laundry room. a shoe organizer full or random things at top, then tutus socks and underwear.
Top half
bottom half. I promise it does not look organized but it really is. Each kid has a certain place to put their things. Even Canon can pick out his clothes and put them away now. The very best part about this system is its in the laundry room...putting away laundry is SO easy:)
my favorite little nook for just me:)
reading area on the 1/2 landing of our stairs
i'm still so grateful for Phillip building this for me! We've used it tons for swimsuits this summer, crocs, soccer gear and games. I even still have 2 unused bins up there:) This fall/winter we will transition to hats, gloves, snow boots, etc.
each kid has a bin of their own for their favorite toys on the bottom 1/2 landing of the stairs.
When I kept finding marker caps all over the floor and dried up markers, I decided to buy 1 big pack of new markers and divide it up 3 ways. Each child has their letter (t, v, c) on their lid and marker and they have to match it up to put them away. I also know WHO left that marker cap on the floor now:) and yes those are shower rings and these are hanging right when you walk in our house...hoping for a better place for hanging things soon. ideas?:)
entry closet shoe organizer filled with craft supplies, very random things, and place for hats and gloves in winter.
and every mom wants to organize their diapers and hair accessories right?:)
ok yall now its your turn. I want more and better ideas:)!










i loved this! really inspired me and gave me some ideas! I love how you have shoe organizers on a lot of your doors...thats a really good idea!
ReplyDeleteShelly,
ReplyDeleteI am blown away at how organized you are! Wow! So many great ideas! I have to say that one of my favorites has to be the marker bags with their initials on the cap. I'm going to borrow that one for sure. You are going to have a great school year! You are an amazing mom!