A new yearly tradition at my parents house is to reenact the nativity scene. The girls are so into Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus, and it seems that every year we have a new baby to play Jesus. My mom had outfits all ready, and each girl got to pick who she wanted to be. Atley quickly claimed Mary and she absolutely LOVED her head scarf and sitting by baby Jesus (Brooklyn). Avery was content to be a Shepherd and Brenley was a sweet little Angel who even had angel wings. Canon was not so happy at first about being Joseph and I totally understand why. What little boy wants to be dressed in a headband and dress? But going with the attire of old, he complied quite nicely and was happy once he could rock baby Jesus (Brooklyn) back and forth in her cradle. We even had 4 sheep who were standing by, watching all the singing, crying, and adults taking pictures. It was a great first attempt at the nativity scene and it will be something they all look forward to recreating each year.
I just loved watching her love this. She was so serious, and had her lamb all bundled up in her shawl.
This is adorable! I have been a bad blogging friend - just reading and not commenting - but keep posting! Love reading every one of your posts.
I owe you a phone call - texts not getting through. :( But you are in my thoughts and prayers all the time! Miss you and love you. I am especially impressed at how you have your focus on the bigger picture.
Shelly,
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable! I have been a bad blogging friend - just reading and not commenting - but keep posting! Love reading every one of your posts.
I owe you a phone call - texts not getting through. :( But you are in my thoughts and prayers all the time! Miss you and love you. I am especially impressed at how you have your focus on the bigger picture.
Blessings!!