Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pujols wedding

I've been wanting to write about this event for a long time, but other things kept coming up. So here is one of the once in a lifetime trips Phillip and I were able to go on right after Christmas. Albert and Dede were celebrating their 10 year wedding anniversary in KC and had invited 500 of their family and friends. We got to stay in the Crown Center Hotel, which was super nice and even had a mall in it! We arrived late on a Wed. night and had a town car that picked us up. When we walked into our room we had this gift basket from Albert and Dede with water and snacks and an itinerary. The next day was salsa lessons and a new years eve party that night! It was the fanciest thing I've been too. We weren't allowed to take any pictures at the events, so the only ones I have are in our hotel room:) Phillip's parents, Matt and Lauren, and Babs and Joe were all there as well. We had a hard time talking at the party because the music was so loud, so we just kept watching all the dancing and walked around to see the amazing food. The Food Network was there and had made life size cakes of Albert and Dede, and of course little ones for the guests, as well as lots of other yummy deserts. The food all 3 days was over the top...so much of it! What a fun new years eve :) The next morning was a brunch, but it was more like breakfast lunch dinner and dessert all in one! I went to the omlet station and had my breakfast made, after I ate that I went back for pasta and green salads for lunch. Then I went back for a huge piece of chocolate cake. Plus water, orange juice and coffee of course. They had every kind of food, even steaks...for brunch! we felt so spoiled! After lunch we went back to our room and layed around in our super down bed. What a vacation to just get to lay around together without our kids (obviously I had no idea what my future months were about to look like). Phillip and his brother Matt wanted to go swimming in the indoor/outdoor pool. You start on the inside and swim through a tunnel to the heated outside water. It was like 10 degrees outside and they were swimming around for quite a while! We went back and got ready for the wedding. Again, no pictures allowed. I really wish I could have taken some because I was thinking the whole time, "how am I going to explain this to my family and friends?!" Everything was SO nice! Dede's decorator had come in and helped do everything, and they brought everything in from outside vendors. Even in a magazine I've never seen anything THIS nice! We just kept looking at everything and thinking it was crazy that we got to experience this. The best part of the trip was the wedding. Because their first wedding was so small and not about the Lord, they really wanted to lavish all their friends and family this time. But most of all they wanted to present the gospel, and boy did they! It was a great representation of sharing the gospel and renewing their commitment...10 years and a lot of changes later. 3 different pastors did the service and Phillip's dad did the end part. It was great and I have no doubt any of their family or friends walked away NOT knowing what is most important to Dede and Albert...JESUS, and that their friends and family know him!
The next morning we woke up super early and flew to Nashville, where we met up with the ZOE group and drove on to Atlanta for Passion. Two incredible events back to back....and now this different event of me being in the hospital! So much going on in our lives. Friday is the day...hoping for good results on my cervical check...then I get to go home to my parents house!
I'll update the blog, don't worry :)



2 comments:

  1. Did The Food Network tape it for an upcoming show? I love watching the Cake Boss, unwrapped, etc. Would love to see what those cakes looked like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing!! Thank you for sharing! What great people they are.

    ReplyDelete