Yesterday I was HOPING for a negative result on my fetal fibronectin test, it was positive...meaning there is a higher chance I'm going into labor within the next two weeks....but only SLIGHTLY higher, not by much. I didn't put much stock into the test...but the doctors do.
I was HOPING to have a really relaxing day, but had 6-7 contractions yesterday, which I usually only have 3-4. So all of that got my HOPES a little down.
I woke up today and began reading the Psalms, praying, trusting and HOPING in the Lord. They didn't call me to go have my check until after 12. Phillip, Angie and all the kids were here. It was a blessing. I just kept praying and praying, HOPING AND HOPING, my heart was beating so fast, and I was trying to be calm. Immediately when he started scanning, I could tell it was slightly different, but was it good or bad? I didn't know until I saw the number come up...1.8!!! That is 4mm LONGER than the last 4 weeks and when you are talking about cervix's which are so tiny in the first place, 4mm is a big deal! He said the funneling was less as well. These are all GREAT things and he labeled me "stable" once again. I know ONLY the LORD was able to strengthen my cervix just that tiny little bit, that ONLY HE was able to let me be "stable" again so that I CAN GO HOME! My mom is on her way here to get me and I will do complete bedrest at my parents house, going weekly to my dr. for checkups. I've got to stay down there, because I want to stay there!
My HOPES were up and down, and based off of doctors opinions. But my ultimate HOPE was in Jesus. Knowing HIS plans for me are not always what I want, but they are what is best. In this case, today, they are also what I want. Just today in Psalm 25:3 I read, "No one whose HOPE is in you will ever be put to shame." Praise you Lord for allowing me some time at home with my kids, who need me, and I need them. Thank you for ultimate HOPE in You!
Thank you for your prayers! I am 28 weeks today. My next big goal is 32 :)
Praise the Lord Shelly! I feel like I am on cloud nine and I know if I feel like that, then you must be even more elated!!! Can't wait to see you even more and I'm so happy for you that you get to see your babies ALL the time now! Love you!
ReplyDeleteYea!! Praising God with you! :)
ReplyDeletePraise Him, Praise Him!!!! Rejoicing with you, Shelly and will continue to pray!
ReplyDelete