Wednesday, November 10, 2010

let's eat...or not

Champ weighed 15lbs, two weeks ago. I decided, since he is 6 months old, that I would start slowly feeding him solid foods. We started with avocado. He did great about the 3rd day and actually ate quite a bit, and slept the entire night through! (that's NEVER happened) I thought I had discovered the best thing ever! That is until things just got worse and I eventually decided to nix the food thing and just go back to only breastfeeding. He started seeming fussy and more upset and he's never been like that before so the only thing I could link it back to was food...
Right at 6 months Champ started showing signs of eczema, the same as Avery when she was this age. It hasn't really gotten worse, just not better at all. At that same time he began rolling out of his sleep positioner and although he knows how to roll back onto his tummy (yes he sleeps on his tummy) he would cry on his back for a REALLY long time until mommy gave in and came to feed or bounce him back to sleep. *He did JUST TODAY begin to fall asleep on his back after about only ONE minute of crying...hallelujah!! I see an end in sight on this dilemma :) He has also developed a GINORMOUS love for me, his mother. He cannot let me out of his sight or the crying begins. Although I do love this, it gets a little hard sometimes with 3 other kids 3 and under need mommy as well. He's been pretty much a PERFECT baby up until this time, so it's been hard for me to have to work so hard to get him to sleep or not be fussy. I restarted feeding him food the other day and things seem to be going well at this point. Here are some pictures from his first day of eating, a monumental day for me as my last baby gets to be a little less of a baby.





No comments:

Post a Comment