Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Operation success

Operation Beef up the Baby has been a success so far. I haven't been back to the dr to use his official scale, but have weighed Champ at the magic house and at my chiropractors. He had gained over a pound according to both scales...now weighing almost 18lbs! I knew he just needed to eat more "substance" and here's what he has been eating: ground cooked oatmeal with egg yolk, goatein (goat's milk protein powder) and applesauce for breakfast. For lunch or dinner we added pureed chicken to his veggies and he's also been snacking on black beans. He's also been eating more avocado and bananas. He is a great eater and eats everything I give him. He's also been drinking goats milk during meals, and still nursing 4-5 times a day. Just thought I'd share all that in case anyone was interested in adding some more protein and calories to their babies diet. The morning "mush" as I refer to it, has been something I've done with all my kids - it is also a great way to add in vitamins without them tasting it.
I took his 10 months (WHAT?!!! how did he get so old!!!) pictures today and couldn't pick just one....Mr.Cheese :)







3 comments:

  1. oh my! just wanna steal those eyes!! missing you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY champ! he looks great, shel! and thanks for the tips - i will for sure use them. oh, and stop by the team us blog today (march 1) - i have a little goodie for ya! miss y'all:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! I need to get tips from you on "real food" options! I need to add meat and other proteins into their diet. Might be giving you a call in the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete