Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Proud of my man

Again, I just have to say I am so proud of my husband. Ephesians 5 tells us to submit to one another out of reverence for Christ, and Phillip makes this easy. He is such a wonderful leader for me, our family, our kids, our friends, ZOE and the Church. I hope and pray every wife reading this blog feels this way about her husband; honoring, respecting and being his biggest cheerleader! I believe Phillip has a gift for speaking and conveying truth to people in a way they've never heard it before. Truth is truth, and he doesn't EVER sugarcoat it. He teaches high school students the same way he teaches his Sunday morning adult class at church. I know the Lord uses him, speaks through him, and allows the Holy Spirit room to move in the hearts of people. I wish I could go every Wednesday to hear him at ZOE. I've been going every week on Sundays now to hear and learn in his adult bible study class called "The Bible: more than Words." **Seriously, just as I was typing those last words...he just called to ask if a girl from ZOE could stay the night (or longer) with us because her home is so unstable right now. He has SUCH a heart for people and always wants to help others. This helps me realize life is not about us and we should love like Jesus would.***
Anyway, back to my original thoughts... I just loving listening to Phillip preach the word! And guess what, you can listen too! He podcasts all his talks and uploads them to ITunes. Just go to "ZOE Podcast" and start downloading! My favorite from Cold Winter Nites was his talk on "Shame" - it was powerful!
Check it out and I pray that even if you don't listen to his talks, you are allowing Jesus Christ to take hold of your life and change you from the inside out!

2 comments:

  1. y'all should really check out phillip's talks... he does a great job! :) shelly, it was so fun for us to be at CWN this year and to hear phillip in person! love being related to all these sweet hunters, and you know matt is always trying to be just like phillip in all he does here! :) love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, loved your post!!! Very appropriate and I know is just what we wives need to hear!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete