Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Home sweet home

Yesterday I gloriously broke out of the hospital and joyfully was on my way home! Phillip came to pick us up. Just like with the others, we stopped to get a coffee and Motrin on the way home. The kids were super sweet and really excited about baby Champ. We tried our best at pictures and then just tried our best to adjust to our new life. Avery has not been feeling 100% and it really shows in her attitude. This made for a slightly harder first day home, but thank goodness Champ was such a good baby and even took two naps in his new "room". Please don't judge us, but he is sleeping in the laundry room in a makeshift moses basket. At night he is in our closet in the pack and play (or our bed like last night...). And someday he DOES have a crib in his own room to sleep in. But for now this is working out great. All 4 kids are currently down for a nap and my mom and I are also going to catch some zzz's. As for the pictures, I can already tell it will be a miracle to get all 4 of them looking, much less smiling, at the camera at the same time :)







2 comments:

  1. Wow, girl! You have been through so much. I'm so proud of you. Your new little baby is sooo handsome. I love his sweet face. I'm so happy for you all.
    Can't wait to be in that position myself :)

    Love you!!! Keep up the blog posts because I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Avery and Atley's faces while holding baby Champ... Avery is so sweet to just rub his hand against her cheek! She is such a little mother. :) How fun to watch them with a new baby!! Can't wait to see them... ALL 4!! I am coming home June 25 - July 3rd, will y'all be there?

    ReplyDelete