My mom found a lady who teaches swimming lessons in her backyard, no parents allowed (well, you can peek from around the corner...)and you only go 30 minutes every day for one week. This is how we learned growing up, in someones backyard in structured swimming lessons. My niece Brenley went last week and it has been SO fun to see her show off her skills and WOW is she good! Yesterday was our first day, the girls were excited, there were some (many) tears, and also many stories and bursts of excitement afterwards. We came home and practiced our skills with some reluctance. Today was the second day, they were not so pumped to go. But when I picked them up (Atley goes first, then I pick her up and Avery goes second, then we get her and all go home), the teacher was so impressed with them and so was I! They were swimming! Really swimming to the side of the pool, saving themselves, going under water for a long time and back floating. They were so proud of themselves and wanted to show off their skills. When we got home I couldn't get Atley to STOP wanting to swim to the side of the pool and from going under water! She loved it!! We still have 3 more days to go! I'll take pictures of them in the water and maybe a little video as well. Today I took before and after pictures of them, they were SO proud of themselves, and really wanted to stand by the angel for the pictures. Here are my little fish...



No comments:
Post a Comment