Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

Our neighborhood is in a county where fireworks are allowed and there were TONS of fireworks going off each night. The BIG ones, for 1 1/2hrs, 4 nights in a row, all around our house. It sounded like the revolutionary war, and looked like it too with all the smoke lingering. We felt like we were in the movie The Patriot. One night Phillip and I were watching a movie and they kept going off behind our house. We finally went out there and two neighbors were having a competition and going back and forth with these huge fireworks! It was pretty awesome to see it from our back deck. The next night some friends came over and we sat on the front driveway while a neighbor 3 doors down had a big party and lit all the huge fireworks right on our street. The kids got to do lots of poppers, sparklers, and watch Phillip have fun with some fireworks too. We had a great 4th of July and had friends and family over. I even made a "Flag Cookie", something I've always seen and wanted to do. We had such a great time 3 nights in a row that Atley asked me today if it was still 4th of July...thinking it was a week long event or something. I wish, it was pretty fun, and of course we loved having Phillip around and off work for 3 days in a row:)









No comments:

Post a Comment