So onto my story...We were walking into Costco for our bi-weekly Costco trip and I noticed it looked like it might rain. I remember thinking, "I'm here with 4 kids and we are NOT coming back just because of rain." So we proceed into the store and do all our normal shopping. Whats crazy is exactly right when I was checking out I looked at the sky and it was SO dark outside. Then exactly right when I got to the doors the heavens opened and rain came down hard. Hard as in it was instantly flooded and all the people behind me decided to wait it out as well. I was standing there with my kids watching as some people just waited, and others would run out to their car - come back completely wet with their car and the Costco guys would help them load it up. The kids were doing great and I was determined to have the absolute best attitude possible. This was an adventure, and so what if we get all soaked, its just water! 10 minutes later, I was about to run out there with all my kids and cart and look like a mad woman as everyone watched me (my kids would have been screaming and really it would have been hilarious to watch...haha) when all of the sudden the nicest grandma on earth came up and sweetly said she would watch my kids while I ran to get my car. I just want to add at this point that I was wearing a DRESS!!! And the rain was coming down sideways... So I took off with Champ still attached to me, held my dress down, and we were completely wet in about 5 seconds. He didn't even cry the whole time I ran to my car. We go back to get the kids and groceries and the Costco guys are helping me load up my car. The only thing is I have 4 kids and a small trunk...they again thought I was crazy and this only added to the giggles I had inside during the whole ordeal. It was definitely an adventure and we were all laughing and going on and on about how wet we were.
The really crazy thing is, I went back to Costco the other day (by myself this time, woohoo) and was randomly wearing the exact same outfit...it was the first time I had put it on since the rain incident. And THE moment I got to the doors after checkout it started sprinkling and I just started running. I got my whole car packed up just seconds before the downfall...
I'm thinking when I go back to Costco next time I am going to wear a different outfit and check the forecast first:)

No comments:
Post a Comment