On Monday Atley will be having eye surgery. She has what is called "strabismus", an eye muscle problem where either eye will turn in and cause double vision. We noticed this about 2 years ago. It would only be bad when she was tired, stay for a week or two and then go away for months. We have gone to two different pediatric eye drs. and both have very confidently told us the only way to correct this is surgery. Of course we know the Lord can heal anything, and our ultimate hope was that He would heal her eye muscles and she would not need surgery. However, it has steadily gotten worse and we are at the point now of being excited to have the surgery done and see our sweet girl with straight eyes again. Because of the double vision, it is slowly effecting her vision as well. So we have been patching her better eye and letting the worse eye get more practice. Although both eyes need to be corrected.
I know there is power in prayer and I would greatly appreciate your prayers for her on Monday.
From "The Power of a Praying Parent":
"Lord, because You have instructed us in Your Word we are to pray for one another so that we may be healed, I pray for healing and wholeness for Atley. I pray that sickness and infirmity will have no place or power in her life. I pray for protection against any disease coming into her body. Your Word says, "He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions" (Psalm 107:20). Wherever there is disease, illness, or infirmity in her body, I pray that You, Lord, would touch her with Your healing power and restore her to total health. Deliver her from any destruction or injury that could come upon her. Specifically I ask You to heal Atley's eyes. Give the doctors wisdom and full knowledge. Thank you, Lord, that You suffered and died for us so that we might be healed. I lay claim to that heritage of healing which You have promised in Your Word and provided for those who believe. I look to You for a life of health, healing, and wholeness for my child."
"But to you who fear My name the Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings" Malachi 4:2


No comments:
Post a Comment