Atley can...

Praise the Lord, and dance/jump her little heart out

SWIM SWIM SWIM! I am so proud of you and love how you love to swim now! My little fish!

be such a big girl at her eye doctors appointments. When tired, or just random days in a row, Atley's eyes will wonder. Both, not just one, so it is not a lazy eye. It is called a Stabismus and usually requires surgery to fix the muscles that are pulling too tight. Her's are not that bad, so we were told to wait it out a few months. We went back in April and praise the Lord her eyes hadn't gotten any worse, so the doctor is still suggesting no further "treatment" (surgery, glasses) at this time. My prayer is that her eyes would be FIXED STRAIGHT ON THE LORD. Amen!

Read so many books. She loves to read and when she finds just the right book, can look at it an amazingly long time. She has a great memory and is easy to teach and loves school.

draw amazing pictures! It is amazing that every child first learns to draw a person with a big circle and arms and legs coming off of that circle. maybe hair on the top and eyes and a smile. One day she just did that! I was so impressed, and think it is so crazy that almost all children first draw people this way, with no body, just a head. But I LOVE her people, and even the little shoes she so carefully scribbles on them :)

play hairdresser with her sister. this was also a great time to talk about not using real scissors to cut hair...eek!

have straight yet curly hair. depending on the humidity, her hair has ringlets just like her sister, but is always straight in the back.

love TOT school. as mentioned before, Atley loves school and wants to do school all the time. She is so happy when I set out activities for her to work on, and of course I think she does a great job at them too!

do a great job with playdough, sharing, articulating her speech, sympathizing in movies, imagining, pretending to be Mary with baby Jesus in her tummy, remembering any and everything possible!

look so peaceful asleep in her bed. Sometimes if Avery falls asleep first Atley has a hard time going to sleep. Once in a while I will let her come down with me and do special projects. As was the case in Dallas, she went with Nana and mommy to help Aunt Angie redecorate her house. Atley loved helping and would take the hammer and pretend to hammer things into the wall. She loves that one on one time and is like a different child when she doesn't have to compete for attention...such is the life with 4 small children! Last night, special as it was, was also a little crazy when she helped me paint our porch furniture and ended up with black paint in her hair :) However, once she is asleep I love to look at her sweet fair skin and red tinted brown hair, on that sweet strong willed child that I adore!
Atley Michelle, I love being your mother. You are so fun and funny, so caring and loving. I love the way you love Jesus already and I pray your heart for Him only grows. I am proud of you my sweet little girl! Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment