Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Christmas

yes I love Christmas
yes I start listening to Christmas music in July
yes Champ falls asleep each nap and night time to Kari Jobe's Christmas CD
yes I did already make this years Christmas ornaments (and last years too, since last year was absolutely crazy and I never made them)
yes I LOVE Christmas!

My mom handmade, cross stitched or sewed an ornament for us every year growing up. I always knew I wanted to do the same for my kids, it has just taken me a couple of years to figure it out. I don't like to do tedious projects, and I like fast projects that I can see the results quickly...hence these ornaments. They are made out of shower curtain rings, ribbon, photos and scrapbook paper. On the back of each ornament is cute paper, and I also glued on their names and the date. I used a hot glue gun for it all. I love them!! And I love that our tree will be filled with circled faces of our sweet children every Christmas!


3 comments:

  1. hey this is jessica (angie watches my little girl, Ellie) i lurk on your blog b/c its so cute. totally stealing this idea **if thats ok with you** its sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was hoping someone would like it enough to copy it~ :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it also!!! Did you just cut the picture and paper the size of the rings and push it in? How did you make the picture stay?

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete