Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Champ!

My baby turned 1 today! At 11:10am he officially became a ONE YEAR OLD! Last year at this time I was experiencing the best birth possible(if you HAVE to have a C-section that is). Champ was such a joy from the moment he arrived. He has definitely been my easiest baby, and it may also be because I felt more confident as a mother. One word to sum up Champ: content. He easily sits back and watches ALL that is going on in our house, and rarely demands much more than simply being held by mommy. He is a baby I can take anywhere. He has yet to stay in the nursery at church because during bible study, Sunday school or a church service, he either nurses, sleeps or plays on the floor. He is such a JOY and such a BLESSING!
We had a fun day celebrating at home as a family. I made him my "special" muffins (by special I mean very healthy) and put greek yogurt on top with his #1 candle. I made his little 1 onsie and his first ever homemade by mommy book. It is similar to the books I made the other kids last year, but his shows his monthly pictures from 1mth until 1 yr, and you can see how much he's grown. He loved his book all day, and I love homemade things that show love.
Champ Andrew, we love you! Praise you Jesus that you have given us such a sweet boy to love and nurture!
















he always crawls up in my lap and loves on me :)

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday sweet champ!!! we love you soooo much! and your new birthday pictures are soooo handsome! i love them! -Uncle Danny & Aunt Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a mix of you both! I remember when you were hanging out in the hospital waiting for the sweet boy to stay inside so you could go home!

    ReplyDelete